I installed Linspire on a much older computer which I have since parted
out to fix other computers. I am trying to install on an HP Vectra
that has a pentium III processor (1G). To get the correct video I have
to chose vga normal. It starts loading without asking a bunch of
questions and the hangs with the line:

"<0> Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!"

I changed my cd rom, cleaned it, put a new cable on it, all the things
that various forums told me to do. Still get the same message.

Anyone know what else I can try.

Would like to install it on one of my smaller drives because I paid for
it. LOL

--
jwsawyer