I tried to post to Slashdot earlier tonight, and received the following
message:

"Sorry, but according to our tests, you are trying to post from an open
HTTP proxy. Please close the proxy or ask your sysadmin or ISP to do so,
because open proxies are used to spam web boards like this one.

If you have questions, mention that your proxy is at x.xxx.xxx.xxx on
port 3128."

Did they hire a new "graduate" or something, or do they not realize that
many of us can't post without squid and shorewall?

I don't understand this at all.

Their TESTS! Why don't we just all close our firewalls down, and let
them do what the Hell they want?

I really can't wait until they ask me to moderate again.

Michael

--
RLU #352695
35.14N - 101.50W