Looking for assistance getting a Promise FastTrack TX2300 card working in
Ubuntu linux.

I cannot get the ftsata2 "driver" provided by Promise to compile. I'm
guessing it's because of a 2.4 / 2.6 kernel difference. Here is the link
to Promise's partial source.

http://www.promise.com/support/downl...load2_eng.asp?
category=all&os=100&productID=137#

I have md, device mapper, dmraid, and various other crap installed to
hopefully get this thing working somehow. From what I read at
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html I'd be better off using md
for the raid.

#dmraid -s
No RAID Disks

I'm booting off a SCSI drive (/dev/sda1). I'm unable see any other
drives through fdisk (tried /dev/hd* & /dev/sd*).