Debian Sarge to other variations of Debian - Help

This is a discussion on Debian Sarge to other variations of Debian - Help ; I installed Debian Woody and used apt to got to Sarge (and the 2.6 kernel). Can I go to Sid, then back to Sarge if Sid isn't "stable" enough with apt? How about Debian Sarge to Kbuntu then back to ...

  1. Debian Sarge to other variations of Debian

    I installed Debian Woody and used apt to got to Sarge (and the 2.6 kernel).
    Can I go to Sid, then back to Sarge if Sid isn't "stable" enough with apt?
    How about Debian Sarge to Kbuntu then back to Sarge? Knoppix?
    Just curious....

    -Bryan

  2. Re: Debian Sarge to other variations of Debian

    On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:49:48 -0500, Bryan E. Boone wrote:

    > I installed Debian Woody and used apt to got to Sarge (and the 2.6 kernel).
    > Can I go to Sid, then back to Sarge if Sid isn't "stable" enough with apt?
    > How about Debian Sarge to Kbuntu then back to Sarge? Knoppix?
    > Just curious....
    >
    > -Bryan

    What I do, is download iso's from the net. You can download any Linux
    distro level you wish. Kanotix is pretty much on the edge for Debian
    based, and it goes down from there.

    It would be a faster intall, ease the burden on the servers, and you could
    change distro's much easier and not have to worry about prime time net
    traffic slwoing you down.

    Of course live cd's would be even quicker to change distro's.

+ Reply to Thread