TwonkyMedia and gunzip problem - Help

This is a discussion on TwonkyMedia and gunzip problem - Help ; Hi, I'm attempting to install twonkymedia server on my newly built r310a debian linux box. However, I appear to have fallen at the first hurdle... unzipping it. I've downloaded this file: http://www.twonkyvision.de/UPnP/tria...trial-i386.zip and attempted to unzip it: iturner1@LinuxSvr:~$ gunzip twonkymediatrial-i386.zip ...

  1. TwonkyMedia and gunzip problem

    Hi,

    I'm attempting to install twonkymedia server on my newly built r310a debian
    linux box.

    However, I appear to have fallen at the first hurdle... unzipping it.

    I've downloaded this file:
    http://www.twonkyvision.de/UPnP/tria...trial-i386.zip

    and attempted to unzip it:
    iturner1@LinuxSvr:~$ gunzip twonkymediatrial-i386.zip
    gunzip: twonkymediatrial-i386.zip: unknown suffix -- ignored

    so I've checked the file type:
    iturner1@LinuxSvr:~$ file twonkymediatrial-i386.zip
    twonkymediatrial-i386.zip: Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

    and looked at the version of gunzip:
    iturner1@LinuxSvr:~$ gunzip -V
    gunzip 1.3.5
    (2002-09-30)
    Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation
    Copyright 1992-1993 Jean-loup Gailly
    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
    You may redistribute copies of this program
    under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
    For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
    Compilation options:
    DIRENT UTIME STDC_HEADERS HAVE_UNISTD_H HAVE_MEMORY_H HAVE_STRING_H
    HAVE_LSTAT ASMV
    Written by Jean-loup Gailly.

    Is this the problem? Or am I doing something really stupid? If it is the
    problem how do I upgrade gunzip,

    cheers

    Ian

  2. Re: TwonkyMedia and gunzip problem

    I tried following your steps and suffered the same fate. Not sure why
    gunzip fails, although I did get the file unzipped using the
    following:

    unzip twonkymediatrial-i386.zip

    --
    harryedwards

  3. Re: TwonkyMedia and gunzip problem

    Thanks Harry,

    I can't find unzip installed on the machine which surprises me.... I suspect
    I need to look for some optional packages. But I quickly found
    http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/f...ip/UNIX/LINUX/

    and downloaded a v5.51... which worked.
    cheers

    Ian
    "harryedwards" wrote in
    message news:harryedwards.20kdfb@dev.null.thisishull.net.. .

    > I tried following your steps and suffered the same fate. Not sure why
    > gunzip fails, although I did get the file unzipped using the
    > following:
    >
    > unzip twonkymediatrial-i386.zip
    >

    > --
    > harryedwards