I'm using RedHat 9 right now, and I'm not interested in going to
Fedora just to update Gnome. I see that there's a tarball on the
RedHat site for all versions of RedHat. Has anybody done this update,
and if so, are there any "gotcha's?" I presume that when I'm
finished, all I need to do is log out/log in.

BTW, for those of you who've done it on other distros, how's it work?
I've been using AbiWord, and I know that when it scrolls, the text
flows up very slowly, and I've heard that's a gnome issue. Better?

--
Joe Zeff
The Guy With the Sideburns