ubuntu and karoo - help me!!! - Help

This is a discussion on ubuntu and karoo - help me!!! - Help ; hi, i am very new to linux distros, although i have acquired some knoppix discs over the years i have never had the knowledge and confidnce to get entirely away from microsoft (spit)... until i spent a very pleasant evening ...

  1. ubuntu and karoo - help me!!!

    hi,
    i am very new to linux distros, although i have acquired some knoppix
    discs over the years i have never had the knowledge and confidnce to
    get entirely away from microsoft (spit)...
    until i spent a very pleasant evening in the polar bear where i found a
    free ubuntu distro disc. intrigued i took it home and ran the live disc.
    thinking this would be a fantastic way for me to finally kick microsoft
    (spit) out of my life i installed it on my spare computer, and again on
    this puter to make it dual booting (for now). anyway my problem is this

    how do i get online?
    i have the karoo standard external thompson speedtouch 330 modem. i got
    the drivers from 'here' (http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/) i managed to
    get them onto cd, which ubuntu finds and describes them as programs
    (.012 file extensions??) and have copied them to the desktop. but they
    wont open, nor do i know how to manually set them up, where to put them
    etc. and that's just to get my modem working.

    once that's done how do i configure ubuntu to access my karoo account?
    when setting up my account i mentioned that i would like to switch to a
    linux system at some point and asked for discs for both windows and
    linux systems and was told they would be sent. since then i have rang
    karoo tech sup and they then claimed that they dont have linux set up
    discs, or it seems, anyone who is conversant in it either.

    i am at a lost and any help would be very gratefully appreciated

    --
    pyschedelicmonkey

  2. Re: ubuntu and karoo - help me!!!

    Hi, you've probably discovered this already, but you get might get more
    answers from the forum at www.ubuntulinux.org. Good luck

    --
    rabbiedoo

+ Reply to Thread