Firefox??? - Help

This is a discussion on Firefox??? - Help ; I have latest Firefox and Thunderbird installed with Fedora 4. I have been downloading Fedora updates from notification I receive in Thunderbird by clicking on the site in the notification message. This was going well, updates were downloaded and installed. ...

  1. Firefox???

    I have latest Firefox and Thunderbird installed with Fedora 4. I have
    been downloading Fedora updates from notification I receive in
    Thunderbird by clicking on the site in the notification message. This
    was going well, updates were downloaded and installed. This process has
    now been interrupted by the following message received after clicking on
    the download site in the update message received in Thunderbird.

    "Firefox is already running. To open a new window, you must first close
    the existing Firefox process or restart your system."

    I tried both these, but nothing changed. Any ideas??? Tnx!!

  2. Re: Firefox???

    Bruce Barbour wrote:

    > I have latest Firefox and Thunderbird installed with Fedora 4. I have

    The latest for FC4 currently are;

    firefox-1.0.7-1.1.fc4.i386.rpm 26-Sep-2005 11:38 18M
    thunderbird-1.0.7-1.1.fc4.i386.rpm 30-Sep-2005 19:24 14M

    You seen to be running;

    > "Firefox is already running. To open a new window, you must first close
    > the existing Firefox process or restart your system."
    >
    > I tried both these, but nothing changed. Any ideas??? Tnx!!

    ps -C firefox-bin
    kill

    Example;

    $ ps -C firefox-bin
    PID TTY TIME CMD
    30457 ? 00:00:02 firefox-bin

    $ kill 30457

  3. Re: Firefox???

    Lenard wrote:
    > Bruce Barbour wrote:
    >

    >>I have latest Firefox and Thunderbird installed with Fedora 4. I have

    > The latest for FC4 currently are;
    >
    > firefox-1.0.7-1.1.fc4.i386.rpm 26-Sep-2005 11:38 18M
    > thunderbird-1.0.7-1.1.fc4.i386.rpm 30-Sep-2005 19:24 14M
    >
    > You seen to be running;
    >

    >>"Firefox is already running. To open a new window, you must first close
    >>the existing Firefox process or restart your system."
    >>
    >>I tried both these, but nothing changed. Any ideas??? Tnx!!

    > ps -C firefox-bin
    > kill
    >
    > Example;
    >
    > $ ps -C firefox-bin
    > PID TTY TIME CMD
    > 30457 ? 00:00:02 firefox-bin
    >
    > $ kill 30457

    Tnx - dldd and inst FF and TB latest. Also did the ps -C after dl and
    inst FF - hope this wasn't error. Wonderful to have someone like you to
    help out with these issues, tnx again.

+ Reply to Thread