Buffer I/O Error... Need Help! - Help

  2. Re: Buffer I/O Error... Need Help!

    Have you tried using a boot cd or floppy to run fsck on the hard drive? Try Knoppix or R.I.P. The last time I had such an error, it could only be fixed when I booted off something other than the hard drive.

    BTW, what file system are you using? ext3 and ReiserFS should be able to recover from this kind of thing. If you're still using ext2, you may want to upgrade the partitions to ext3. It's quick and easy.

+ Reply to Thread