VMWare and Suse9.3 - Help

This is a discussion on VMWare and Suse9.3 - Help ; I am new to Linux, but love it. Currently using Suse 9.3, just upgraded from 9.2. I was a windows dude, but after years of telling myself windows sucks ass, and I should upgrade to Linux, I finally did it, ...

  1. VMWare and Suse9.3

    I am new to Linux, but love it. Currently using Suse 9.3, just upgraded
    from 9.2. I was a windows dude, but after years of telling myself
    windows sucks ass, and I should upgrade to Linux, I finally did it, no
    more death screens.
    I have been trying to get VMWare installed on 9.3, I had VM5 installed
    and working fine on 9.2, but was unable to successfully work it on 9.3.
    I have successfully been able to get VM4.5.2 running, but of course I
    can not get support from VMWare for that version. Has anyone been able
    to get VM5 running in Suse 9.3? Yes I have done the vmware-any-any 93
    update, as well as make mod, make prepare...blah blah. Thanks you for
    helping the smart enough to change, not smart enough run.

    --
    loki

  2. Re: VMWare and Suse9.3

    loki wrote:
    > I am new to Linux, but love it. Currently using Suse 9.3, just upgraded
    > from 9.2. I was a windows dude, but after years of telling myself
    > windows sucks ass, and I should upgrade to Linux, I finally did it, no
    > more death screens.
    > I have been trying to get VMWare installed on 9.3, I had VM5 installed
    > and working fine on 9.2, but was unable to successfully work it on 9.3.
    > I have successfully been able to get VM4.5.2 running, but of course I
    > can not get support from VMWare for that version. Has anyone been able
    > to get VM5 running in Suse 9.3? Yes I have done the vmware-any-any 93
    > update, as well as make mod, make prepare...blah blah. Thanks you for
    > helping the smart enough to change, not smart enough run.

    Did the any-any thing and everything worked. SuSE Pro 9.3

+ Reply to Thread