ALSA settings HELP - Help

This is a discussion on ALSA settings HELP - Help ; Trying to input on Line-In via microphone (as a test device). Amixer shows capture on for Line and off for Mic. The program I wrote displays input values and works when capture on for Mic (off for Line) Is the ...

  1. ALSA settings HELP

    Trying to input on Line-In via microphone (as a test device).
    Amixer shows capture on for Line and off for Mic.
    The program I wrote displays input values and works when capture on for
    Mic (off for Line)
    Is the microphone just not enough umph or is there another setting I
    should set?
    RAZ

  2. Re: ALSA settings HELP

    Have you checked to make sure that all of the various "switches" are correct
    on the are using KDE. There are some "pushbuttons" that when clicked off
    cut out the PCM and other audio modes.

    There is a possibility that the mic does not have enough pre-amplification
    for the sound card, but I think that is unlikely unless it is like an
    electret or other mike that requires power to operate (line power or
    internal battery).

    HTH,

    Cheers,

    Dave

    Razzel wrote:

    > Trying to input on Line-In via microphone (as a test device).
    > Amixer shows capture on for Line and off for Mic.
    > The program I wrote displays input values and works when capture on for
    > Mic (off for Line)
    > Is the microphone just not enough umph or is there another setting I
    > should set?
    > RAZ

+ Reply to Thread