re: installing operator on hard drive - Help

This is a discussion on re: installing operator on hard drive - Help ; I'm trying to install linux operator on a multi boot box. I have windows xp pro on one disk and i wish to install operator on another. However, when I go through the install to hd wizzard, I seem to ...

  1. re: installing operator on hard drive

    I'm trying to install linux operator on a multi boot box. I have windows
    xp pro on one disk and i wish to install operator on another. However,
    when I go through the install to hd wizzard, I seem to keep going around in
    circles with the swap partition menue. I am using a seperate physical hard
    drive for each operating system. Am I missing something?

    Thanks

    Greg

  2. Re: installing operator on hard drive

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:04:27 GMT, greg wrote:

    >I'm trying to install linux operator on a multi boot box. I have windows
    >xp pro on one disk and i wish to install operator on another. However,
    >when I go through the install to hd wizzard, I seem to keep going around in
    >circles with the swap partition menue. I am using a seperate physical hard
    >drive for each operating system. Am I missing something?

    Quite possible. If, for example, you've told the hd wizard to put
    your entire drive in one partition, and haven't anything on the other
    drive for a swap partition, it's probably not going to be happy.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

    --