I'm using gnome 2.0 and RedHat 9. I've just upgraded from Firefox 0.8
to 1.05, but my menu item still points to the old version. I've tried
right-clicking on it and selecting Properties to point it to the new
version, but I get an error that application:/// is a read only file.
I even get this if I'm logged in as root. If I go into the control
panel and select Applications, I'm told there's no reader for that
file. Does anybody know what's going on here?

I've also managed to put a shortcut to Thunderbird on my desktop, but
it's a shortcut to the shell script, and when I click on it, it always
asks if I want to display, run or run in a terminal. How do I get a
shortcut that just runs the damned thing?

--
Joe Zeff
The Guy With the Sideburns