Sudo and real-time priorities - Help

This is a discussion on Sudo and real-time priorities - Help ; In my C++ application I want to set real-time priorities to my POSIX threads by calling pthread_setschedparam(). Real-time priorities can only be set by root and my application is started by a non-root user. I have tried to add an ...

  1. Sudo and real-time priorities

    In my C++ application I want to set real-time priorities to my POSIX threads
    by calling pthread_setschedparam(). Real-time priorities can only be set by
    root and my application is started by a non-root user.
    I have tried to add an entry for this user in the 'sudoers' file (with
    NOPASSWD) and then to start my application with a sudo command but setting
    real-time priorities is still unsuccessfull.

    How could my application gain root privilege to set real-time priorities?
    Any other idea?

    I'm running Linux Redhat 9.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Sudo and real-time priorities

    On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 08:50:10 +0200, C├ędric Pillonel wrote:

    > In my C++ application I want to set real-time priorities to my POSIX threads
    > by calling pthread_setschedparam(). Real-time priorities can only be set by
    > root and my application is started by a non-root user.
    > I have tried to add an entry for this user in the 'sudoers' file (with
    > NOPASSWD) and then to start my application with a sudo command but setting
    > real-time priorities is still unsuccessfull.
    >
    > How could my application gain root privilege to set real-time priorities?
    > Any other idea?
    >
    > I'm running Linux Redhat 9.
    >
    > Thank you.

    suid