Proliant DL145 HELP - Help

This is a discussion on Proliant DL145 HELP - Help ; Okay, I've got a fairly recent-model HP Proliant DL145 box that I'm trying to install RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on. Well, it recognizes the network port, but not much else else. It can't find the hard drive to install on. ...

  1. Proliant DL145 HELP

    Okay, I've got a fairly recent-model HP Proliant DL145 box that I'm trying to
    install RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on.

    Well, it recognizes the network port, but not much else else. It can't
    find the hard drive to install on.

    I've tried getting drivers, but everything HP offers seems to be more for
    AFTER you've installed Linux:
    http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...?lang=en&cc=us

    Assume I'm an idiot for the purpose of helping me, here. I've administered
    RedHat and SGI IRIX, but this is only the second time I've had to install
    linux on a box. So, the more information, and the more detailed, the
    better.

    Thanks for the help!

    --
    Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- http://ivanhoeunbound.com -- xiomBRAG on AIM
    cats * hats * RPGs * love * Eris * Agent Patriot * anime * Dada * poetry

  2. Re: Proliant DL145 HELP

    "Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer" writes:

    > Okay, I've got a fairly recent-model HP Proliant DL145 box that I'm trying to
    > install RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 on.
    >
    > Well, it recognizes the network port, but not much else else. It can't
    > find the hard drive to install on.
    >
    > I've tried getting drivers, but everything HP offers seems to be more for
    > AFTER you've installed Linux:
    > http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/fi...?lang=en&cc=us
    >
    > Assume I'm an idiot for the purpose of helping me, here. I've administered
    > RedHat and SGI IRIX, but this is only the second time I've had to install
    > linux on a box. So, the more information, and the more detailed, the
    > better.

    You haven't given us very much information to go on. The DL145 comes with
    different processors and different disk controllers. Anyway, the answer
    is to visit the page you gave us, pick the version of RedHat you have,
    then look for the heading "Driver Diskettes". Download the appropriate file,
    copy the image to a floppy, then insert it when asked to during the
    installation process.

    You'll find more detail on HP's driver diskette web page.

    By the way, whatever happened to the DL380 you were trying to install
    RedHat 9 onto? The procedure for that is basically the same, but you'd
    have to make your own driver disk, or get someone like me to make it for
    you.

    Scott
    --
    Scott Hemphill hemphill@alumni.caltech.edu
    "This isn't flying. This is falling, with style." -- Buzz Lightyear

+ Reply to Thread