digital camera /dvd-player - Help

This is a discussion on digital camera /dvd-player - Help ; I have a digital camera and can download pics which I then burn to a CD - no problems there (and I _am_ using linux!) However, if I wish to burn a CD such that it can be viewed on ...

  1. digital camera /dvd-player

    I have a digital camera and can download pics which I then burn to a CD
    - no problems there (and I _am_ using linux!)
    However, if I wish to burn a CD such that it can be viewed on a TV with
    a Samsung DVD-player as a slideshow, what do I have to do??
    Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) it doesn't 'play' iso9660 just
    like that - so what am I missing??

    Thankful for any hints!

    -pbh-

  2. Re: digital camera /dvd-player

    -pbh- wrote:

    > I have a digital camera and can download pics which I then burn to a CD
    > - no problems there (and I _am_ using linux!)
    > However, if I wish to burn a CD such that it can be viewed on a TV with
    > a Samsung DVD-player as a slideshow, what do I have to do??
    > Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) it doesn't 'play' iso9660 just
    > like that - so what am I missing??
    >
    > Thankful for any hints!
    >
    > -pbh-

    Well if it doesn't give you a list of files on a ISO 9660 disc, maybe it
    doesn't support JPEG slideshows, etc.

    On my Apex here, I pop in an ISO pics disk\c and I see the files and folders
    in a simple file manager type display.

    Have you had luck with other's discs?

    Larry
    --
    01000011 01001100 01000001 01010011 01010011 01001001 01000011
    Larry Anderson - Sysop of Silicon Realms BBS (209) 754-1363 300-14.4k

  3. Re: digital camera /dvd-player

    Larry Anderson wrote:
    > -pbh- wrote:
    >

    >>I have a digital camera and can download pics which I then burn to a CD
    >>- no problems there (and I _am_ using linux!)
    >>However, if I wish to burn a CD such that it can be viewed on a TV with
    >>a Samsung DVD-player as a slideshow, what do I have to do??
    >>Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) it doesn't 'play' iso9660 just
    >>like that - so what am I missing??
    >>
    >>Thankful for any hints!
    >>
    >>-pbh-

    > Well if it doesn't give you a list of files on a ISO 9660 disc, maybe it
    > doesn't support JPEG slideshows, etc.
    >
    > On my Apex here, I pop in an ISO pics disk\c and I see the files and folders
    > in a simple file manager type display.
    >
    > Have you had luck with other's discs?
    >
    > Larry

    Thanks for your answer - I guess my dvd-player is a tad too old (~2 yrs)
    and obviously doesn't support a plain iso9660 filesystem ... or maybe I
    have to burn it in ufs-format? I'll try that out ...

    -pbh-

+ Reply to Thread