Re: File recovery (screwed partition) - Help

This is a discussion on Re: File recovery (screwed partition) - Help ; On 21 Mar 2005 12:05:42 -0800, arizonagroovejet@gmail.com wrote: >(*) Normally of course ext3 paritions aren't visible to Windows, I >think in this case I had manage to set the partition type to FAT 32 in >fdisk intending to format it ...

  1. Re: File recovery (screwed partition)

    On 21 Mar 2005 12:05:42 -0800, arizonagroovejet@gmail.com wrote:

    >(*) Normally of course ext3 paritions aren't visible to Windows, I
    >think in this case I had manage to set the partition type to FAT 32 in
    >fdisk intending to format it as FAT 32 but then actually did it as
    >ext3.

    The linux version of fdisk may be able to set the partition type back
    to ext3. If so, you may be good to go. If not, and you can get ahold
    of Partition Magic, it might do the trick.

    --
    Joe Zeff
    The Guy With the Sideburns

  2. Re: File recovery (screwed partition)

    Joe Zeff wrote:
    > On 21 Mar 2005 12:05:42 -0800, arizonagroovejet@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > The linux version of fdisk may be able to set the partition type back
    > to ext3. If so, you may be good to go. If not, and you can get

    ahold
    > of Partition Magic, it might do the trick.

    fdisk set the type, didn't make it mount though.
    Friend ofmine may have aprtition magic or something similar so I'll
    check that out.

    cheers,

    mike
    (same guy, accidently posted from a real email address before. doh.)

  3. Re: File recovery (screwed partition)

    inevercheckthisaddress@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Joe Zeff wrote:
    >
    >>On 21 Mar 2005 12:05:42 -0800, arizonagroovejet@gmail.com wrote:
    >>
    >>The linux version of fdisk may be able to set the partition type back
    >>to ext3. If so, you may be good to go. If not, and you can get

    > ahold
    >
    >>of Partition Magic, it might do the trick.

    > fdisk set the type, didn't make it mount though.
    > Friend ofmine may have aprtition magic or something similar so I'll
    > check that out.
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > mike
    > (same guy, accidently posted from a real email address before. doh.)

    You may want to try using ReiserFS in the future. If you mess up your
    partition, it can usually salvage something by using the rebuild-tree
    option in fsck.

+ Reply to Thread