I need help in resolving a problem with Apache 403 errors.

I am trying to set up a Linux Apache server to test my development of
PHP-MySQL scripts. I want to emulate a virtual server host.

I did a fresh install of Mandrake 10.1, and included all the servers I
will need.

I created an account for `stephen' The install created /home/stephen

The version of Apache is 2.0.50

Before doing anything after the default install, I checked the
connection from a Windows system http://192.168.2.2 and got the
Apache welcome page.

I created:

/home/stephen/www and
/home/stephen/www/www.castilledomina.com

The permissions for /home are drwxr-xr-x root root
For /home/stephen drwxr-xr-x stephen stephen
For /home/stephen/www drwxrwxr-x stephen stephen
For /home/stephen/www/www.castilledomina.com
drwxrwxr-x stephen stephen
For /home/stephen/www/www.castilledomina.com/index.html
-rw-r--r-- stephen stephen

In Vhosts.conf I added

NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.2

ServerName www.castilledominatest.com
DocumentRoot /home/stephen/www/www.castilledomina.com

Now I get the 403 Forbidden error when I try to access the web pages
from my windows machine. The is true whether I enter
http://www.castilledominatest.com (which is resoled in the hosts file
on the windows machine) or http://192.168.2.2

When I comment out the entries in the Vhosts.conf file, and restart
httpd, I get the Apache welcome page.

I also tried, with the same result:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.2

ServerName www.castilledominatest.com
DocumentRoot /home/stephen/www/www.castilledomina.com

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks

--
Stephen

Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet get the work done
Linus Torvalds