firewall address - Help

This is a discussion on firewall address - Help ; How does one get a firewall (Dlink DI-604) to choke up its WAN side IP address from a command line? Its easy to get via html from the LAN side but if one wants to automate it and mail it ...

  1. firewall address

    How does one get a firewall (Dlink DI-604) to choke up its WAN side IP
    address from a command line? Its easy to get via html from the LAN
    side but if one wants to automate it and mail it off to oneself for
    use from elsewhere, one needs to do it from the command line. I tried
    dig and dug up not much but lan side info.

    Any ideas or do I have to get a fixed address to be able to ssh into
    the machine behind the firewall from outside?

  2. Re: firewall address

    Garry wrote:

    > How does one get a firewall (Dlink DI-604) to choke up its WAN side IP
    > address from a command line? Its easy to get via html from the LAN
    > side but if one wants to automate it and mail it off to oneself for
    > use from elsewhere, one needs to do it from the command line. I tried
    > dig and dug up not much but lan side info.
    >
    > Any ideas or do I have to get a fixed address to be able to ssh into
    > the machine behind the firewall from outside?

    To get you started try this and see what the results are;

    traceroute -In www.google.com > WhatIP.txt
    ^.....^....^

  3. Re: firewall address

    Lenard wrote in message news:...
    > Garry wrote:
    >
    > > How does one get a firewall (Dlink DI-604) to choke up its WAN side IP
    > > address from a command line? Its easy to get via html from the LAN
    > > side but if one wants to automate it and mail it off to oneself for
    > > use from elsewhere, one needs to do it from the command line. I tried
    > > dig and dug up not much but lan side info.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or do I have to get a fixed address to be able to ssh into
    > > the machine behind the firewall from outside?

    > To get you started try this and see what the results are;
    >
    > traceroute -In www.google.com > WhatIP.txt

    Tried that and no joy. I did solve it myself though.
    lynx -dump http://192.168.0.1/st_devic.html -auth=adminasswd |grep
    68.3 > /home/wrightdg/IPadd

    The page is just the appropriate page for the firewall, login, grep
    for the subset of lines you are interested in and file it. Thanks
    anyway.

+ Reply to Thread