CD/DVD BURNER - Help

This is a discussion on CD/DVD BURNER - Help ; I am looking for a CD/DVD burner for LINUX. Can someone recommend a download site ? Thanks...

  1. CD/DVD BURNER

    I am looking for a CD/DVD burner for LINUX. Can someone recommend a download site ?
    Thanks

  2. Re: CD/DVD BURNER

    julia wrote:

    > I am looking for a CD/DVD burner for LINUX. Can someone recommend a
    > download site ? Thanks

    The software (the basic tools) comes from two places, but it would be
    best to download the version meant for your version of Linux;

    http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdrecord/
    http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

    But you can download many GUI interfaces (some require additional
    packages) to them, for example; http://www.k3b.org/

  3. Re: CD/DVD BURNER

    Lenard wrote:
    > julia wrote:
    >

    >>I am looking for a CD/DVD burner for LINUX. Can someone recommend a
    >>download site ? Thanks

    > The software (the basic tools) comes from two places, but it would be
    > best to download the version meant for your version of Linux;
    >
    > http://freshmeat.net/projects/cdrecord/
    > http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/
    >
    > But you can download many GUI interfaces (some require additional
    > packages) to them, for example; http://www.k3b.org/

    Install k3b and any other packages it needs. cdrecord, cdrdao and
    dvd+rw-tools are good ones to start with.

+ Reply to Thread