Redefining buttons on a joypad - Help

This is a discussion on Redefining buttons on a joypad - Help ; I've got myself a saitek joypad for use with UAE. It works perfectly, but for some platform games I would really like to have the jump action be triggered by one of the buttons rather than pressing the 4-way stick. ...

  1. Redefining buttons on a joypad

    I've got myself a saitek joypad for use with UAE. It works perfectly,
    but for some platform games I would really like to have the jump action
    be triggered by one of the buttons rather than pressing the 4-way
    stick. Similarly, the default fire button is not placed in the most
    convenient spot on the pad, so I would like to use one of the other for
    this instead. If anyone knows of a way to remap buttons on a
    joypad/joystick and replies to this, I would be most grateful.

    Kind regards
    Soren

  2. Re: Redefining buttons on a joypad

    holbech@cs.aau.dk wrote:
    > I've got myself a saitek joypad for use with UAE. It works perfectly,
    > but for some platform games I would really like to have the jump action
    > be triggered by one of the buttons rather than pressing the 4-way
    > stick. Similarly, the default fire button is not placed in the most
    > convenient spot on the pad, so I would like to use one of the other for
    > this instead. If anyone knows of a way to remap buttons on a
    > joypad/joystick and replies to this, I would be most grateful.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Soren

    If joysticks work as ordinary input devices, you might want to look at
    the man pages for xmodmap and xev.

    Joal

+ Reply to Thread