portforwarding - Help

This is a discussion on portforwarding - Help ; I want to make a VPN-connection between my homeadress and my work. I have bought 2 Linksys gateway's allready and configured them. The connection works right between the two gateway's. But then I have to make a connection with my ...

  1. portforwarding

    I want to make a VPN-connection between my homeadress and my work. I have
    bought 2 Linksys gateway's allready and configured them. The connection
    works right between the two gateway's. But then I have to make a connection
    with my NT-server, but between the server and the Linksys gateway is an
    Linux-server (Debian) installed. This Linux-server blocks the VPN-connection
    because certain ports are closed (TCP 1723 en UDP 500). I don't know how it
    works, I don't know anything about Linux yet. I have read something about
    portforwarding, but what kind of statements and where I can do this, I have'nt
    found. Who can help me with this. Network and it's IP-adresses:

    Home Linksys 192.168.2.253

    Work Linksys 192.168.1.253

    Linux Nic in: 192.168.1.76

    Nic out: 172.10.10.252

    Server 172.10.10.1

  2. Re: portforwarding

    "Eddy" wrote in news:co7srp$hdn$1@reader13.wxs.nl:

    > I want to make a VPN-connection between my homeadress and my work. I
    > have bought 2 Linksys gateway's allready and configured them. The
    > connection works right between the two gateway's. But then I have to
    > make a connection with my NT-server, but between the server and the
    > Linksys gateway is an Linux-server (Debian) installed. This
    > Linux-server blocks the VPN-connection because certain ports are
    > closed (TCP 1723 en UDP 500). I don't know how it works, I don't know
    > anything about Linux yet. I have read something about portforwarding,
    > but what kind of statements and where I can do this, I have'nt found.
    > Who can help me with this. Network and it's IP-adresses:
    >
    > Home Linksys 192.168.2.253
    >
    > Work Linksys 192.168.1.253
    >
    > Linux Nic in: 192.168.1.76
    >
    > Nic out: 172.10.10.252
    >
    > Server 172.10.10.1

    I suggest that you contact the person at your company who is responsible
    computer security & network support and ask for assistance.

+ Reply to Thread