virus scanners - Help

This is a discussion on virus scanners - Help ; Are there any windoz virus scanners that can be run from a linux box. That is programs I can run on a linux box to scan windoz executables to determine if they contain virusis or other nefarios codes. Yes, I ...

  1. virus scanners

    Are there any windoz virus scanners that can be run from a linux box.
    That is programs I can run on a linux box to scan windoz executables to
    determine if they contain virusis or other nefarios codes.

    Yes, I know windoz is a virus. Its not really for me, but some users will
    be moving files through my system. I'd like the files to be scanned if
    possible. Thanks

  2. Re: virus scanners

    In article , Tommy M wrote:

    >Are there any windoz virus scanners that can be run from a linux box.

    Sure - did you think to look at google? A number of the better scanners
    have versions that run under Linux, simply because many people use Linux
    for their mail servers. Also, don't forget about Samba, and how you have
    scan the files your windoze lusers save to disk.

    Old guy

  3. Re: virus scanners

    f-prot is free for linux, but they only detect, you'll have to remove it
    yourself.

    --19 Owls--

    > In article , Tommy M wrote:
    >
    >>Are there any windoz virus scanners that can be run from a linux box.

    > Sure - did you think to look at google? A number of the better scanners
    > have versions that run under Linux, simply because many people use Linux
    > for their mail servers. Also, don't forget about Samba, and how you have
    > scan the files your windoze lusers save to disk.
    >
    > Old guy

+ Reply to Thread