printer error - Help

This is a discussion on printer error - Help ; Hi. I have Linux Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6... I can't install my printer on the system in order to use it. It is an HP 5550 inject connected with USB. I open the control center->peripherals->printers i choose the CUPS ...

  1. printer error

    Hi.
    I have Linux Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6...
    I can't install my printer on the system in order to use it.
    It is an HP 5550 inject connected with USB.

    I open the control center->peripherals->printers
    i choose the CUPS server but i get this messege:

    Unable to retrieve the printer list.
    Error messege recieved from manage: Connection to CUPS server failed.

    Check th CUPS server is correctly installed and running.
    Error: Connection refused.

    When trying to add a printer all options are "gray"(i can't choose none).

    Thanks for helping me.

  2. Re: printer error

    MichalisZ escribió:

    > I open the control center->peripherals->printers
    > i choose the CUPS server but i get this messege:
    >

    > Unable to retrieve the printer list.
    > Error messege recieved from manage: Connection to CUPS server failed.
    >
    > Check th CUPS server is correctly installed and running.
    > Error: Connection refused.

    Hi. Is cups really running? Check it in http://:631. There you
    can see a web tool to configure cups. kde (what you seem to be running)
    should be able to sync with cups if it is running.

    Alberto

+ Reply to Thread