Hello,
I have recently installed Suse linux v9.1 and am trying to get it to
see and share resources with other SMB hosts on the local net. At this
time it is the only linux system; the rest are Windows and os/2.
From an os/2 host I can "net view" all the machines on the network and
the linux host is one of them. And that is it. Using "net view \\server2"
returns "Network path not found". Same from a Windows host.
Linux equally ignores all other hosts on the network. I provide the
"Workgroup" (well, Domain) name that all the other hosts use and get
nothing. It can find itself using findsmb but that's it.
NFS works.
Any hints? Is there a FAQ somewhere?

--
jmm dash list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com