help to array notseeing LUNs on 2nd and 3rd disk array - Help

This is a discussion on help to array notseeing LUNs on 2nd and 3rd disk array - Help ; hi everyone I install IBM e-server with 3xIBM storage over 4TB HDD Space, using single IBM FastT 600, i use FastT manager to creat 3 x array which Size LUNs 1) 2 TB 0 2) 680GB 1 3) 680GB 2 ...

  1. help to array notseeing LUNs on 2nd and 3rd disk array

    hi everyone
    I install IBM e-server with 3xIBM storage over 4TB HDD Space,
    using
    single IBM FastT 600, i use FastT manager to creat 3 x array which
    Size LUNs
    1) 2 TB 0
    2) 680GB 1
    3) 680GB 2

    And I present it.

    When RedHat 3 AS, bootup I able to c my internal SCSI HDD as Sda and FastT
    as Sdb
    which LUN 0. LUN 1 and 2 unable to detect it.

    let say I change this

    Size Luns
    680GB 0
    2TB 1
    680GB 2

    Onces I change any of the HDD to Luns 0 it able to detect it.

    any idea how i can make it to detect all the LUNs

    Thanks and Regards

  2. Re: help to array notseeing LUNs on 2nd and 3rd disk array

    Hotrods wrote:

    > hi everyone

    "Everyone" indeed. Cross-post to at most three newsgrups.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

  3. Re: help to array notseeing LUNs on 2nd and 3rd disk array

    You'll need to enable the multiple lun support option and recompile
    the kernel. You might also look at:

    http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/....cgi?id=106392

    -Chris

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:03:26 +0800, "Hotrods"
    wrote:

    >hi everyone
    > I install IBM e-server with 3xIBM storage over 4TB HDD Space,
    >using
    >single IBM FastT 600, i use FastT manager to creat 3 x array which
    > Size LUNs
    >1) 2 TB 0
    >2) 680GB 1
    >3) 680GB 2
    >
    >And I present it.
    >
    >When RedHat 3 AS, bootup I able to c my internal SCSI HDD as Sda and FastT
    >as Sdb
    >which LUN 0. LUN 1 and 2 unable to detect it.
    >
    >let say I change this
    >
    >Size Luns
    >680GB 0
    >2TB 1
    >680GB 2
    >
    >Onces I change any of the HDD to Luns 0 it able to detect it.
    >
    >any idea how i can make it to detect all the LUNs
    >
    >Thanks and Regards

  4. Re: help to array notseeing LUNs on 2nd and 3rd disk array

    chris@nospam.com wrote:
    > You'll need to enable the multiple lun support option and recompile
    > the kernel. You might also look at:
    >
    > http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/....cgi?id=106392
    >

    > -Chris
    >

    > On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:03:26 +0800, "Hotrods"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>hi everyone
    >> I install IBM e-server with 3xIBM storage over 4TB HDD Space,
    >>using
    >>single IBM FastT 600, i use FastT manager to creat 3 x array which
    >> Size LUNs
    >>1) 2 TB 0
    >>2) 680GB 1
    >>3) 680GB 2
    >>
    >>And I present it.
    >>
    >>When RedHat 3 AS, bootup I able to c my internal SCSI HDD as Sda and FastT
    >>as Sdb
    >>which LUN 0. LUN 1 and 2 unable to detect it.
    >>
    >>let say I change this
    >>
    >>Size Luns
    >>680GB 0
    >>2TB 1
    >>680GB 2
    >>
    >>Onces I change any of the HDD to Luns 0 it able to detect it.
    >>
    >>any idea how i can make it to detect all the LUNs
    >>
    >>Thanks and Regards

    When you execute cdrecord -scanbus what do you get?
    This might put you on th e track...
    Frank

+ Reply to Thread