can't view web page under Fedora - Help

This is a discussion on can't view web page under Fedora - Help ; Hi. I am trying to view the web page http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov , on any of the (Intel) Fedora Core 2 systems running on our local network. (1) If I use a Windoze box, (calassic or OS X) Mac, or a RedHat ...

  1. can't view web page under Fedora

    Hi.

    I am trying to view the web page http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov, on any of the
    (Intel) Fedora Core 2 systems running on our local network.

    (1) If I use a Windoze box, (calassic or OS X) Mac, or a RedHat Linux 9.x
    box running on our subnet, I can get to fastlane.

    (2) If I use a Fedora Linux box, I cannot get to fastlane. The error
    msg is
    www.fastlane.nsf.gov received a message with incorrect Messge
    Authentication Code. If the error occurs frequently, contact the
    website administrator.
    The problem occurs, regardless of which browser I use (firefox,
    lynx, mozilla).

    Suggestions? Thanks.

    --
    Art Werschulz (8-{)} "Metaphors be with you." -- bumper sticker
    GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?

  2. Re: can't view web page under Fedora

    Art Werschulz wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I am trying to view the web page http://www.fastlane.nsf.gov, on any of the
    > (Intel) Fedora Core 2 systems running on our local network.
    >
    > (1) If I use a Windoze box, (calassic or OS X) Mac, or a RedHat Linux 9.x
    > box running on our subnet, I can get to fastlane.
    >
    > (2) If I use a Fedora Linux box, I cannot get to fastlane. The error
    > msg is
    > www.fastlane.nsf.gov received a message with incorrect Messge
    > Authentication Code. If the error occurs frequently, contact the
    > website administrator.
    > The problem occurs, regardless of which browser I use (firefox,
    > lynx, mozilla).
    >
    > Suggestions? Thanks.

    FWIW, I have no problem viewing that page using Fedora Core 2 and
    Mozilla FireFox.

    I would check your network settings.

  3. Re: can't view web page under Fedora

    Have you set up ssl properly?