autorun for linux - Help

This is a discussion on autorun for linux - Help ; hi is it possible to autorun audio-cds or dvds so that they are started directly without mounting them before. i'm new to linux:-( Can anyone help?...

  1. autorun for linux

    hi

    is it possible to autorun audio-cds or dvds so that they are started
    directly without mounting them before.

    i'm new to linux:-(

    Can anyone help?

  2. Re: autorun for linux

    daniele wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > is it possible to autorun audio-cds or dvds so that they are started
    > directly without mounting them before.
    >
    > i'm new to linux:-(
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    Off the top of my head I'd say it could be done with a shell script.

  3. Re: autorun for linux

    Kenneth Lantrip wrote:

    > daniele wrote:
    >> hi
    >>
    >> is it possible to autorun audio-cds or dvds so that they are started
    >> directly without mounting them before.
    >>
    >> i'm new to linux:-(
    >>
    >> Can anyone help?

    > Off the top of my head I'd say it could be done with a shell script.

    Current distributions of linux, such as Mandrake 10.0, can automatically
    play an audio cd as soon as it is loaded without the need to invoke a
    cd player application. The Mandrake 10.0 installer sets this up by
    default although you can disable it if you wish after the system is
    installed.

    Audio CDs are not mounted. Data CDs are mounted so as to make them part
    of the linux directory tree, as are windows ntfs and vfat partitions.
    A current distribution of linux knows the difference and either mounts
    the data disk or invokes software to play the audio disk.

    Clive

    Clive

+ Reply to Thread