Robson or DVB-T - Hardware

This is a discussion on Robson or DVB-T - Hardware ; I'm going to buy a Compal IFL90 based laptop and i have to choose between a 1 gb Robson NAND card or a DVB-T in the PCIe slot. The price is the same, but neither are supported under Linux right ...

  1. Robson or DVB-T

    I'm going to buy a Compal IFL90 based laptop and i have to choose between a
    1 gb Robson NAND card or a DVB-T in the PCIe slot. The price is the same,
    but neither are supported under Linux right now. Which one will be most
    usefull later on?

    --
    Lasse Jensen [fafler at g mail dot com]
    Linux, the choice of a GNU generation.

  2. Re: Robson or DVB-T

    Lasse Jensen wrote:

    > I'm going to buy a Compal IFL90 based laptop and i have to choose between a
    > 1 gb Robson NAND card or a DVB-T in the PCIe slot. The price is the same,
    > but neither are supported under Linux right now. Which one will be most
    > usefull later on?

    If you live in a place where DVB-T is available or will be available in
    the near future, and if you bet that there are enough people who buy
    your unnamed DVB-T card and are interested and talented enough to buy
    that card and develop a driver for it, then you should buy the DVB-T
    card.

    I have no idea what a Robson card is, and 1 GB doesn't sound really much
    nowadays. But if you live in place where memory is sparse, yadda yadda,

    You don't really believe that we are clairvoyants, do you?

    Regards...
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread