serial port rate - Hardware

This is a discussion on serial port rate - Hardware ; Hi, I wrote a script wherein part of its thing is to disconnect a call. Every time I try I get kernel: pl2303 ttyUSB0: pl2303 driver does not support the baudrate requested (fix it) I've tried different methods: 1: { ...

  1. serial port rate

    Hi, I wrote a script wherein part of its thing is to disconnect a call.
    Every time I try I get

    kernel: pl2303 ttyUSB0: pl2303 driver does not support the baudrate requested (fix it)

    I've tried different methods:

    1:
    {
    echo at h1
    sleep 1
    echo at h
    } > /dev/ttyUSB0

    2:
    echo at h1 > /dev/ttyUSB0
    sleep 1
    echo at h > /dev/ttyUSB0

    3:
    chat '' 'at h1' 'OK' '' < /dev/ttyUSB0 > /dev/ttyUSB0
    sleep 1
    chat '' 'at h' 'OK' '' < /dev/ttyUSB0 > /dev/ttyUSB0

    and all produce the error. (The last one also worked the last time it
    ran; I don't know if that was a fluke or not.)

    So how can I make this not happen? I looked for setserial, but it's not
    on my system. Would it do what I want?

    --
    -eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP http://royalty.mine.nu:81
    Are you confident that you appear to be professional in your electronic

  2. Re: serial port rate

    Hactar wrote:
    > Hi, I wrote a script wherein part of its thing is to disconnect a call.
    > Every time I try I get
    >
    > kernel: pl2303 ttyUSB0: pl2303 driver does not support the baudrate requested (fix it)

    AFAIK a
    kill -1 (Process-id of corresponding process, eg.
    mgetty, pppd etc. figure it out with "fuser /dev/ttyUSB0" )
    would be apropriate.

    > So how can I make this not happen? I looked for setserial, but it's not
    > on my system. Would it do what I want?

    No. setserial is for changing parameters (eg. flow-control, baud rate
    etc.) of the serial port.
    Hanging up a connection is a different thing. However, if you want to
    play with it just g**gle for it, download, chmod +x and have fun.

    HTH Martin

+ Reply to Thread