FC: Setting USB mouse sensitivity? - Hardware

This is a discussion on FC: Setting USB mouse sensitivity? - Hardware ; One problem I continue to have is adjusting the movement sensitivity for my wireless mouse. I'm using a logitech wireless mouse, but I believe that it applies to all USB mice. I have used the GUI on Fedora Core to ...

  1. FC: Setting USB mouse sensitivity?

    One problem I continue to have is adjusting the movement sensitivity for
    my wireless mouse. I'm using a logitech wireless mouse, but I believe
    that it applies to all USB mice. I have used the GUI on Fedora Core to
    change the sensitivity of the mouse, but this ONLY applies to PS/2
    connected mice. (This seems to apply to the touch pad on my laptop.)
    However, no matter what I do there, it makes no difference to the USB mouse.

    Does anyone know if there is a line in the xorg.conf file that I can use
    to manually make the mouse more or less sensitive to X/Y movement?

    --
    Chuck Tryon

  2. Re: FC: Setting USB mouse sensitivity?

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.]
    Charles Tryon staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > I'm using a logitech wireless mouse, but I believe that it applies to
    > all USB mice. I have used the GUI on Fedora Core to change the
    > sensitivity of the mouse, but this ONLY applies to PS/2 connected
    > mice. However, no matter what I do there, it makes no difference to
    > the USB mouse.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a line in the xorg.conf file that I can
    > use to manually make the mouse more or less sensitive to X/Y movement?

    Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "mouse"
    Identifier "Mouse[1]"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Resolution" "100" # the default, 90 = less sensitive
    EndSection

    Note that /dev/input/mice reports events for all connected mice. So if
    you have 2 different mice that need 2 different resolution settings, you
    need 2 InputDevice stanzas, one for each mouse. You also need to make
    sure both mice are mentioned in the ServerLayout section. Using "xset
    m" or the frontends that KDE/GNOME provide to xset m works on all mouse
    devices, so that may not work for you. You will probably need to
    restart X for it to pick up the config changes. Make sure you back up
    your xorg.conf before editing it! A borken X config is never fun. HTH,

    --
    "Which you then convert to gold, non-perishable food, firearms, good
    liquor & a secluded hideaway in the last of the internet official