LinuxBios with AMD 64 - Hardware

This is a discussion on LinuxBios with AMD 64 - Hardware ; A few months ago I read that LinuxBios could run on the GA-M57SLI-S4? ( http://linuxbios.org/GIGABYTE_GA-M57...Build_Tutorial ) motherboard. Only thing is it requires soldering a socket on to the board which allows an alternative BIOS to be plugged in. If it ...

  1. LinuxBios with AMD 64

    A few months ago I read that LinuxBios could run on the

    GA-M57SLI-S4? (http://linuxbios.org/GIGABYTE_GA-M57...Build_Tutorial)
    motherboard.

    Only thing is it requires soldering a socket on to the board which allows an
    alternative BIOS to be plugged in. If it is done incorrectly the board could
    be ruined. Although I would like the luxury of replacing the BIOS, I don't
    see it advertised anywhere.

    So here's my question: Does any reputable vendor offer LinuxBios
    (preferably replaceable) on a board that supports the 64 bit AMD processor ?

  2. Re: LinuxBios with AMD 64

    "Robert Vogel" writes:
    >So here's my question: Does any reputable vendor offer LinuxBios
    >(preferably replaceable) on a board that supports the 64 bit AMD processor ?

    IIRC you can use it on some Tyan boards.

    If you mean that you want to buy the board with LinuxBIOS already
    installed, "Linux Networx" specialize in HPC clusters, and their
    clusters use LinuxBIOS for faster booting.

    - anton