Need recomendations for an Internet camera - Hardware

This is a discussion on Need recomendations for an Internet camera - Hardware ; I'm looking for an Internet camera to do some remote monitoring. Does anyone have any recommendations for a camera that I can view from a Linux system (i.e. no IE). I also want the link to be encrypted so other ...

  1. Need recomendations for an Internet camera

    I'm looking for an Internet camera to do some remote monitoring. Does
    anyone have any recommendations for a camera that I can view from a Linux
    system (i.e. no IE). I also want the link to be encrypted so other people
    can't view the images. I don't want to set of a server, I want a camera
    that has a built in server.

  2. Re: Need recomendations for an Internet camera

    General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    > I'm looking for an Internet camera to do some remote monitoring. Does
    > anyone have any recommendations for a camera that I can view from a Linux
    > system (i.e. no IE). I also want the link to be encrypted so other people
    > can't view the images. I don't want to set of a server, I want a camera
    > that has a built in server.

    Axis equipment is linux-based. Cameras are controllable by scripts (php as
    example). Connection over https is supported, check their documentation...

    [quote from site]
    "Axis products support a Bourne-shell-compatible script interpreter"

    ...I never had the chance to play with these toys :-(

    --
    Kris
    Help stamp out Mickey-Mouse computer interfaces -- Menus are for

  3. Re: Need recomendations for an Internet camera

    Kris Peeters wrote:
    > General Schvantzkoph wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for an Internet camera to do some remote monitoring. Does
    >> anyone have any recommendations for a camera that I can view from a Linux
    >> system (i.e. no IE). I also want the link to be encrypted so other people
    >> can't view the images. I don't want to set of a server, I want a camera
    >> that has a built in server.

    > Axis equipment is linux-based. Cameras are controllable by scripts (php as
    > example). Connection over https is supported, check their documentation...
    >
    > [quote from site]
    > "Axis products support a Bourne-shell-compatible script interpreter"
    >
    > ...I never had the chance to play with these toys :-(

    We've used the Axis cameras. They are platform agnostic... but it
    is true that they run Linux (or at least they did when we used
    them). I have no idea about encryption.... didn't look into that.

+ Reply to Thread