On 6 elo, 09:41, Tero Kaarlela wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should be possible that way. But skip the mounting part you dont have
> to mount partitions just:
>
> 1. Plug pcmcia drive in
> 2. dd if=/dev/sda of=file.img
> 3. unplug drive
> 4. plug flash drive in
> 5. dd if=file.img of=/dev/sdb
>
> Where sda is pcmcia and sdb is flash drive. And now you also have a
> backup of drive in file.img

I just brought my gentoo laptop to the office and plugged the flash-
pcmcia drive in. The following lines appeared to /var/log/messages:

Lainaus:
Aug 7 07:51:36 localhost pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
Aug 7 07:51:36 localhost pcmcia: registering new device pcmcia0.0
Aug 7 07:51:36 localhost udevd-event[6117]: match_rule: MODALIAS is
deprecated, use ENV{MODALIAS} or SYSFS{modalias} instead.
Aug 7 07:51:36 localhost udevd-event[6117]: udev_rules_apply_format:
$modalias is deprecated, use $env{MODALIAS} or $sysfs{modalias}
instead.
Aug 7 07:51:56 localhost pccard: card ejected from slot 0

Also a device node (sd[a/b]) does not appear. I have previously used
the PCMCIA slot for a WLAN card. Any tips on how I can get the drive
to register? I have looked through the kernel options but haven't seen
anything useful there. I'm using yenta-socket as my PCMCIA driver.

comp.os.linux.hardware added.