Query in Dual boot(Windows+Linux) - Hardware

This is a discussion on Query in Dual boot(Windows+Linux) - Hardware ; Hi, I have dual boot PC with Windows and CentOS linux. I installed windows and linux completely. And when i reboot my machine Directly its going to command prompt Its showing GRUB loading stage 2 The command prompt is grub> ...

  1. Query in Dual boot(Windows+Linux)

    Hi,
    I have dual boot PC with Windows and CentOS linux.
    I installed windows and linux completely.
    And when i reboot my machine
    Directly its going to command prompt
    Its showing GRUB loading stage 2
    The command prompt is

    grub>

    What i have to give in command prompt so that my PC boot in Windows as
    well as in Linux.

    Pls. suggest me.

    Regards,
    Kirthika

  2. Re: Query in Dual boot(Windows+Linux)

    On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 22:49:16 -0700, kracks wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have dual boot PC with Windows and CentOS linux. I installed windows
    > and linux completely. And when i reboot my machine
    > Directly its going to command prompt
    > Its showing GRUB loading stage 2
    > The command prompt is
    >
    > grub>
    >
    > What i have to give in command prompt so that my PC boot in Windows as
    > well as in Linux.

    At the grub prompt, you could try chainloader +1 , but grub has a menu that makes it much easier. As
    root, try editing /boot/grub/menu.lst You may find the grub manual helpful.

    http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html

  3. Re: Query in Dual boot(Windows+Linux)

    thunder wrote:
    > On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 22:49:16 -0700, kracks wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I have dual boot PC with Windows and CentOS linux. I installed windows
    >> and linux completely. And when i reboot my machine
    >> Directly its going to command prompt
    >> Its showing GRUB loading stage 2
    >> The command prompt is
    >>
    >> grub>
    >>
    >> What i have to give in command prompt so that my PC boot in Windows as
    >> well as in Linux.

    > At the grub prompt, you could try chainloader +1 , but grub has a menu that makes it much easier. As
    > root, try editing /boot/grub/menu.lst You may find the grub manual helpful.
    >
    > http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html

    Also. a new program finds and builds the GRUB main menu

    http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzo...bDiskPage.html

+ Reply to Thread