Query in recognizing my secondary hard drive - Hardware

This is a discussion on Query in recognizing my secondary hard drive - Hardware ; Hi, I am using CentOS 4.0 in my PC. i have problem in Linux booting. So I put my hard disk in another PC having Cent OS 4. How can i configure for secondary hard disk to detect from another ...

  1. Query in recognizing my secondary hard drive

    Hi,
    I am using CentOS 4.0 in my PC. i have problem in Linux
    booting.
    So I put my hard disk in another PC having Cent OS 4.
    How can i configure for secondary hard disk to detect from
    another Linux PC so that i can take back up of my work.

    My hard drive is detected in BIOS as secondary IDE Channel 1 Slave.
    But in Linux its not mounted.

    Also I tried fdisk /dev/hdb but its saying device not found.

    Suggest me to mount or identify my secondary hard drive so that i can
    take back up of my work.

    Regards,
    Kracks.

  2. Re: Query in recognizing my secondary hard drive

    I demand that kracks may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    > My hard drive is detected in BIOS as secondary IDE Channel 1 Slave. But in
    > Linux its not mounted.

    > Also I tried fdisk /dev/hdb but its saying device not found.

    The slave device on your primary IDE bus would be hdb; you say secondary, so
    try /dev/hdd.

    [snip]

    A pat on the back is only a few inches from a kick in the pants.

+ Reply to Thread