Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux - Hardware

This is a discussion on Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux - Hardware ; Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600) to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is classified as a "paperweight"....

  1. Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    classified as a "paperweight".

  2. Re: Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:27:09 -0700, Eric wrote:

    > Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    > to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    > classified as a "paperweight".

    no, but I've copied files back to the camera and printed from there.

  3. Re: Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    Eric did eloquently scribble:
    > Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    > to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    > classified as a "paperweight".

    Have you tried gphoto2?
    type "gphoto2 --list-cameras | grep -i kodak" at the command line and see if
    the G600 is listed?

    (Mine's a little old so it's not in my version, but it might be in yours)
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  4. Re: Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:23:46 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    > Eric did eloquently scribble:
    >> Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    >> to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    >> classified as a "paperweight".

    > Have you tried gphoto2?
    > type "gphoto2 --list-cameras | grep -i kodak" at the command line and see if
    > the G600 is listed?
    >
    > (Mine's a little old so it's not in my version, but it might be in yours)

    That seems to list cameras, but not printer docks.

  5. Re: Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    On Aug 1, 10:49 am, ray wrote:
    > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:27:09 -0700, Eric wrote:
    > > Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    > > to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    > > classified as a "paperweight".

    > no, but I've copied files back to the camera and printed from there.

    Thanks Ray, I saw some earlier postings you had on the EasyShare and I
    appreciate the feedback.

    In case anyone is interested, for $46 the Canon Selphy CP510 is still
    available if you're quick about it (Circuit City). It is an excellent
    dye sublimation printer with inexpensive media and great Linux
    support. I picked one up last night and it was able to print as
    quickly as I was able to Add Printer.

    I'll probably look at the Kodak based station instead, it's about half
    the price of the printer and will let me recharge & transfer photos to
    my Linux PC.

  6. Re: Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 07:06:34 -0700, Eric wrote:

    > On Aug 1, 10:49 am, ray wrote:
    >> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:27:09 -0700, Eric wrote:
    >> > Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    >> > to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    >> > classified as a "paperweight".

    >> no, but I've copied files back to the camera and printed from there.

    > Thanks Ray, I saw some earlier postings you had on the EasyShare and I
    > appreciate the feedback.
    >
    > In case anyone is interested, for $46 the Canon Selphy CP510 is still
    > available if you're quick about it (Circuit City). It is an excellent
    > dye sublimation printer with inexpensive media and great Linux
    > support. I picked one up last night and it was able to print as
    > quickly as I was able to Add Printer.
    >
    > I'll probably look at the Kodak based station instead, it's about half
    > the price of the printer and will let me recharge & transfer photos to
    > my Linux PC.

    IMHO - it's not a bad deal if you consider it's limitations (at least as
    far as Linux printing). I got a series 3 printer dock last fall with my
    P850 - and I use it.

  7. Re: Kodak EasyShare G600 printer and Linux

    ray did eloquently scribble:
    > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:23:46 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    >> Eric did eloquently scribble:
    >>> Has anyone managed to get the Kodak EasyShare (specifically -- G600)
    >>> to print under Linux? There is a driver listed for it but it is
    >>> classified as a "paperweight".

    >> Have you tried gphoto2?
    >> type "gphoto2 --list-cameras | grep -i kodak" at the command line and see if
    >> the G600 is listed?
    >>
    >> (Mine's a little old so it's not in my version, but it might be in yours)

    > That seems to list cameras, but not printer docks.

    What does lsusb say when it's plugged in?
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |