can't to share the printer from XP to Vista - Hardware

This is a discussion on can't to share the printer from XP to Vista - Hardware ; I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop However on my Deskstop I have Windows XP which is the main. I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one printer (which is connected to the XP) ...

  1. can't to share the printer from XP to Vista

    I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop However on my Deskstop I have
    Windows XP which is the main.
    I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one
    printer (which is connected to the XP) through networking the computer
    but it has failed. I would also like to share printer from pc to
    laptop.

  2. Re: can't to share the printer from XP to Vista

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:51:25 -0700, poloming rearanged some electrons and
    created:

    > I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop However on my Deskstop I have
    > Windows XP which is the main.
    > I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one
    > printer (which is connected to the XP) through networking the computer
    > but it has failed. I would also like to share printer from pc to laptop.

    Try a Windoze newsgroup.

  3. Re: can't to share the printer from XP to Vista

    poloming@gmail.com wrote:

    > I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop
    > However on my Deskstop I have
    > Windows XP which is the main.

    Main what?

    > I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one
    > printer (which is connected to the XP)

    What does this mean? Is it wired/cabled or not? If it is wired/cabled to
    the XP box then it is connected to the XP box, otherwise if it's not
    wired/cabled then it's not. Is this concept too hard for you
    MonkeySoftCoconutEngineers?

    > through networking the computer but it has failed.

    That's what it is suppose to do. Otherwise why would you donate all that
    money to The Monkey Man.

    > I would also like to share printer from pc to
    > laptop.

    Share what, what kind of broken BS is that? Devices like printers
    aren't "shared".

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  4. Re: can't to share the printer from XP to Vista

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > poloming@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> I have Vista Home Prem. on my laptop
    >> However on my Deskstop I have
    >> Windows XP which is the main.

    > Main what?
    >
    >> I have tried numerous times to connect the Canon MP530 All in one
    >> printer (which is connected to the XP)

    > What does this mean? Is it wired/cabled or not? If it is wired/cabled to
    > the XP box then it is connected to the XP box, otherwise if it's not
    > wired/cabled then it's not. Is this concept too hard for you
    > MonkeySoftCoconutEngineers?
    >
    >> through networking the computer but it has failed.

    > That's what it is suppose to do. Otherwise why would you donate all that
    > money to The Monkey Man.
    >
    >> I would also like to share printer from pc to
    >> laptop.

    > Share what, what kind of broken BS is that? Devices like printers
    > aren't "shared".

    Funny. Updating 40 Fedora Core 6 units to FC7 at a private school, and
    the CPA comes in every two weeks to run the financials and print out the
    reports.

    Well, they bought a new computer with Vista, and yanked out the old XP
    one. No Vista drivers are out for any printers, even for the expensive
    Laser printers!

    Then, there isn't a parallel port to connect any of the expensive older
    printers, either...

    But, with a Linux box set up as printserver, all the machines running
    GNU/Linux print beautifully, fast and to all in-house printers! Open
    Source succeeds!

    The old XP box once did address the printer over a parallel cable, but,
    Vista croaks, and new hardware doesn't come with parallel ports, only USB.

    Another absolute failure on the part of proprietary closed source
    monopolists.

    Vista truly suck$! Microsoft shot themselves in the ass with it. Oh,
    even though M$ put paid to the royalties to run much of BSD to get the
    ports up, it doesn't work well, for the interface is kluged.

    A full install of Fedora Core 7 uses less than 4Gb of drive space,
    including 15,000 applications, programs, Suites...

    Anyone with a problem running hardware on any Microsoft platform is
    welcome to try it with a Linux LiveCDrom. http://Mepis.org or
    http://livecdlist.com or, http://distrowatch.com provide the images,
    FREE to download.

  5. Re: can't to share the printer from XP to Vista

    On 2007-08-19, Oldtech wrote:

    > But, with a Linux box set up as printserver, all the machines running
    > GNU/Linux print beautifully, fast and to all in-house printers! Open
    > Source succeeds!

    The OP ought to be able to implement this easily. Get an old box on
    which to install linux, then use Windows' Unix Printer Services to
    send print jobs to the print server via lpr, just like in *nix.

    --

    John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  6. Re: can't to share the printer from XP to Vista

    On 2007-08-19, John Thompson wrote:

    > The OP ought to be able to implement this easily. Get an old box on
    > which to install linux, then use Windows' Unix Printer Services to
    > send print jobs to the print server via lpr, just like in *nix.

    If samba in linux is set up right, it should work without using
    anything but the supplied printers divers for windows.

    http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba...ook/index.html

    nb

+ Reply to Thread