Light distribution for PC104 LX800 - Hardware

This is a discussion on Light distribution for PC104 LX800 - Hardware ; Hi all, has anybody experiences in any light linux distribution for PC104 Geode LX800 boards? This is a slow hardware, I'm using 256MB of RAM and two version of disk support: hard disk (40GB) or DOM (1GB?!!). Just to understand ...

  1. Light distribution for PC104 LX800

    Hi all,
    has anybody experiences in any light linux distribution for PC104
    Geode LX800 boards?
    This is a slow hardware, I'm using 256MB of RAM and two version of
    disk support: hard disk (40GB) or DOM (1GB?!!).
    Just to understand the application I'm interested in showing
    multimedia objects (movies in AVI, MPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, pictures in
    JPG, complex web pages, ...) so I'm looking for a robust linux
    distribution.

    Any suggestion?
    Where to find use cases?
    Thank you

  2. Re: Light distribution for PC104 LX800

    FCustom wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > has anybody experiences in any light linux distribution for PC104
    > Geode LX800 boards?
    > This is a slow hardware, I'm using 256MB of RAM and two version of
    > disk support: hard disk (40GB) or DOM (1GB?!!).
    > Just to understand the application I'm interested in showing
    > multimedia objects (movies in AVI, MPEG, MPEG2, MPEG4, pictures in
    > JPG, complex web pages, ...) so I'm looking for a robust linux
    > distribution.
    >
    > Any suggestion?
    > Where to find use cases?
    > Thank you

    You could try OpenWrt.org. It will build on X86 hardware (I have
    run it on boxes as slow as 133MHz), and being designed to run on
    routers it will actually run on mere MB of memory and flash. It
    is uClib based.

    Alternatively Debian would install on that spec of box without
    any problems.

    David

+ Reply to Thread