Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra - Hardware

This is a discussion on Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra - Hardware ; WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU take the fastest video card on the planet and turn up its clock speeds a bit? You have a new fastest video card on the planet, of course, which is a little bit faster than the ...

  1. Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra

    WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU take the fastest video card on the planet and
    turn up its clock speeds a bit? You have a new fastest video card on
    the planet, of course, which is a little bit faster than the old
    fastest video card on the planet...

    http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra

    I have the 8800 GTX the 350 cost still makes me squirm with some guilt.
    But the 500 for around 10% turn up the clocks & (presumably) select
    somewhat higher grade
    components is crazy..
    The GTX runs at over 80 degrees C when hard gaming...god know what the Ultra
    heats up to.
    The Nvidia Control Panel does not properly control the Fan...the things are
    goin to
    heat n blow within a year.
    Mouse
    @@@

  3. Re: Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra

    "TDR911" wrote in message
    news:1182370612.811563.36220@o61g2000hsh.googlegro ups.com...
    > WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU take the fastest video card on the planet and
    > turn up its clock speeds a bit? You have a new fastest video card on
    > the planet, of course, which is a little bit faster than the old
    > fastest video card on the planet...
    >
    > http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com/

    I thought the x2950 was the fastest?

+ Reply to Thread