Intel 82801 soundcard problems - Hardware

This is a discussion on Intel 82801 soundcard problems - Hardware ; Hi, in my notebook I've a Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02) Neither Alsa nor OSS plays sound on that card. I've already tried openSuse 10.2 and the Debian testing version. Alsaconfig recognizes ...

  1. Intel 82801 soundcard problems

    Hi,

    in my notebook I've a

    Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
    Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

    Neither Alsa nor OSS plays sound on that card.
    I've already tried openSuse 10.2 and the Debian testing version.
    Alsaconfig recognizes the card but it's still not working
    properly.

    On my Debian system, in the /etc/modprobe.d/sound there are
    the following lines:

    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel index=0

    Any ideas what might be wrong?

    Thank you.

    Regards,
    Tim

  2. Re: Intel 82801 soundcard problems

    > Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition
    > Audio Controller (rev 02)
    >
    > alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    > options snd-hda-intel index=0
    >
    > Any ideas what might be wrong?

    http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/

    http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ind...r-Intel#matrix

    http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?
    company=Intel&card=ICH+southbridge+HD-audio+and+modem.&chip=ICH6%2C+ICH6M%
    2C+ICH7%2C+ESB2&module=hda-intel

    as that's the only ICH7 driver listed: hda-intel

    # modprobe soundcore
    # modprobe snd-hda-intel
    # alsamixer

    If it doesn't let you modprobe snd-hda-intel and it does exist, you might
    try adding this to your /etc/modules.conf (or in /etc/modutils/alsa) (or
    in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa) NOTE: if /etc/modutils/alsa some distros
    require you to run update-modules to bring /etc/modules.conf up to date.
    And a reboot if you want to be sure it has taken affect(optional).

    # /etc/modules.conf

    alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd cards_limit=1
    options snd-hda-intel index=0

    alias /dev/sequencer* snd-hda-intel
    alias /dev/dsp* snd-hda-intel
    alias /dev/mixer* snd-hda-intel
    alias /dev/midi* snd-hda-intel

    alias char-major-116 snd

    alias char-major-14 soundcore

    alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
    alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
    alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
    alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
    alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

    -----

    Your distro may already take care of most of that in the alsa-base
    package. Or whatever your distro calls it.

    # apt-get install alsa-base

    HTH

+ Reply to Thread