Xen vs VMWare? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Xen vs VMWare? - Hardware ; Xen or VMWare - Which is better to run multiple Linux based applications on a Intel Xeon HW? Why? Which is more widely used in the Market?...

  1. Xen vs VMWare?

    Xen or VMWare - Which is better to run multiple Linux based
    applications on a Intel Xeon HW?
    Why? Which is more widely used in the Market?

  2. Re: Xen vs VMWare?

    qazmlp1209@rediffmail.com wrote:
    > Xen or VMWare - Which is better to run multiple Linux based
    > applications on a Intel Xeon HW?

    I may be wrong here, but both Xen and VMWare run guest Operating Systems
    on the host, _not_ applications. I use VMware server and that's what it
    does, and it runs fine. I've tried all type of Linux distros and Windows XP.

    --Benjamin Franklin
    (remove _eh to email)

  3. Re: Xen vs VMWare?

    johnny bobby bee writes:
    >I may be wrong here, but both Xen and VMWare run guest Operating Systems
    >on the host, _not_ applications.

    I heard that with Windows there is not that much difference. There
    you want one application per OS instance (e.g., if the application is
    acting up and you follow the usual first-level tech support advice of
    reinstalling Windows and the application, you don't want to take other
    applications out of commission), and that's what made VMware rich: no
    longer one box per application needed.

    - anton