Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..? - Hardware ; Hi Dear, Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?? it hangs PC more than it cleans.. Try the new Spyware Doctor's Starter Edition NOW....!!!! http://www.tigerzclub.com/spyware.htm...

  1. Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?

    Hi Dear,

    Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..??
    it hangs PC more than it cleans..

    Try the new Spyware Doctor's Starter Edition NOW....!!!!

    http://www.tigerzclub.com/spyware.htm

  2. Re: Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?

    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, in the Usenet newsgroups comp.os.linux.hardware, in
    article <1181649111.393738.160150@d30g2000prg.googlegroups. com>, and in
    the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in article
    <1181648704.699698.141780@d30g2000prg.googlegroups. com>, a st00pid
    spammer spewed:

    >Hi Dear,

    Hi Spammer

    ---------
    Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:58:05 PDT
    From: "Peter G. Neumann"
    Subject: Flawed Symantec update cripples Chinese PCs

    An erroneous Symantec antivirus signature update caused Norton Internet
    Security 2007 and Norton 360 antivirus software to identify two critical
    system files (netapi32.dll and lsasrv.dll) as the Backdoor.Haxdoo Trojan in
    the Simplified Chinese version of Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 and a
    particular patch), resulting in those files being quarantined. As a result,
    millions of PCs throughout China were crippled, unable to be
    rebooted. ``According to Symantec, the problem was caused when Symantec made
    a change to the automated process used by the company's security response
    team to detect malicious software.'' [Source: Article by Aaron Tan, CNET
    News.com; PGN-ed]
    http://news.com.com/Flawed+Symantec+...s+Chinese+PCs/
    2100-1002_3-6186271.html?tag=st.ref.goo
    http://www.cctv.com/program/bizchina...4/103599.shtml
    ---------

    >it hangs PC more than it cleans..

    Of course - that's what you get for being st00pid enough to run windoze,
    and counting on anti-malware to remove the bad stuff that you installed
    by clicking OK on every warning message you see - but then mpst windoze
    users think this is normal amd are continually amazed at the number of
    viruses they have installed.

    >Try the new Spyware Doctor's Starter Edition NOW....!!!!

    and get more windoze viruses and malware installed faster than before!!!
    And as a bonus, we'll send you tons of spam at no additional cost!!!

    Old guy

  3. Re: Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?

    On Jun 12, 6:51 am, ajkaur2...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Dear,
    >
    > Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..??
    > it hangs PC more than it cleans..
    >
    > Try the newSpyware Doctor'sStarter Edition NOW....!!!!
    >
    > http://www.tigerzclub.com/spyware.htm

    DO NOT get S.D. see posting :

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6f5496538cbfab

    Lonnie Courtney Clay

  4. Re: Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?

    On Jun 24, 3:31 am, LCC wrote:
    > DO NOT get S.D. see posting :
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/micro...texplorer.gene...
    >
    > Lonnie Courtney Clay

    I take it back. I know nothing whatsoever about the capabilities of
    Spyware Doctor because what I was running was almost certainly a
    malware clone. See thread :

    http://groups.google.com/group/lonni...wse_thread/thr...

    Lonnie Courtney Clay

  5. Re: Do you know that Norton antivirus is itself a virus..?

    LCC wrote:
    > On Jun 24, 3:31 am, LCC wrote:
    >> DO NOT get S.D. see posting :
    >>
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...texplorer.gene...
    >>
    >> Lonnie Courtney Clay

    > I take it back. I know nothing whatsoever about the capabilities of
    > Spyware Doctor because what I was running was almost certainly a
    > malware clone. See thread :
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/lonni...wse_thread/thr...
    >
    > Lonnie Courtney Clay

    Or stop running Windows.