Intel and Nvidia puzzle - Hardware

This is a discussion on Intel and Nvidia puzzle - Hardware ; I am running Ubuntu 6.06 on an IBM Deskset that has an onboard Intel Extreme graphic card. When examining modules and drivers loaded at start-up I see that there are a slew of NVidia drivers being loaded. Why is this? ...

  1. Intel and Nvidia puzzle

    I am running Ubuntu 6.06 on an IBM Deskset that has an onboard Intel
    Extreme graphic card. When examining modules and drivers loaded at
    start-up I see that there are a slew of NVidia drivers being loaded.
    Why is this?

    Zeno

  2. Re: Intel and Nvidia puzzle

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 03:25:06 +0000, zeno wrote:
    > I am running Ubuntu 6.06 on an IBM Deskset that has an onboard Intel
    > Extreme graphic card. When examining modules and drivers loaded at
    > start-up I see that there are a slew of NVidia drivers being loaded.
    > Why is this?

    What particular modules are loaded? You can get a list with the lsmod
    command from a terminal.

    And do you have the nvidia-glx package installed?

    Dan

+ Reply to Thread