Is Acer's Aspire L100 Linux-friendly? - Hardware

This is a discussion on Is Acer's Aspire L100 Linux-friendly? - Hardware ; Hello I just saw this very nice, small form factor PC from Acer that sells for 500E: http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl100.htm Does someone know if it's Linux-friendly, or are some components no-no? Thank you....

  1. Is Acer's Aspire L100 Linux-friendly?

    Hello

    I just saw this very nice, small form factor PC from Acer that sells
    for 500E:

    http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl100.htm

    Does someone know if it's Linux-friendly, or are some components
    no-no?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Is Acer's Aspire L100 Linux-friendly?

    Gilles Ganault wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I just saw this very nice, small form factor PC from Acer that sells
    > for 500E:
    >
    > http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl100.htm
    >
    > Does someone know if it's Linux-friendly, or are some components
    > no-no?
    >
    > Thank you.

    A quick Google turns up the following pages among others:

    http://uk.shopping.com/xPP-pc_deskto...d__list__linux
    http://www99.shopping.com/xPP-pc_des...d__list__linux

    While I don't have any experience with them notice what it says at the
    end of both lists: os_certified__list__linux.

  3. Re: Is Acer's Aspire L100 Linux-friendly?

    Gilles Ganault wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I just saw this very nice, small form factor PC from Acer that sells
    > for 500E:
    >
    > http://global.acer.com/products/desktop/asl100.htm
    >
    > Does someone know if it's Linux-friendly, or are some components
    > no-no?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Goggle is your friend... Did a search for "acer aspire l100 +linux" and got
    back:

    WebResults 1 - 10 of about 69,100 for acer aspire l100 +linux. (0.14
    seconds)

    This url says it's linux certified:
    http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Acer-Ace...Layer-DVD-RW-F

    Over all, it seems quite linux compatible... I'd say buy it.

    --

    Jerry McBride

  4. Re: Is Acer's Aspire L100 Linux-friendly?

    On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 15:29:27 -0400, Jerry McBride
    wrote:
    >Over all, it seems quite linux compatible... I'd say buy it.

    Will do. Thanks guys.

+ Reply to Thread