new SCSI card: Adaptec 29320LPE ? - Hardware

This is a discussion on new SCSI card: Adaptec 29320LPE ? - Hardware ; LSI won't update the BIOS on their SCSI card to support those new-fangled U320 drives, so I need to "upgrade" my SCSI card. I want to stay with parallel SCSI, since I just upgraded the drives, and want to avoid ...

  1. new SCSI card: Adaptec 29320LPE ?

    LSI won't update the BIOS on their SCSI card to support
    those new-fangled U320 drives, so I need to "upgrade"
    my SCSI card. I want to stay with parallel SCSI, since
    I just upgraded the drives, and want to avoid vendors
    who don't support their hardware (e.g. LSI). I also
    need a low profile card for my low profile case.

    Adaptec has a new U320 PCI-E (1x) card - the 29320LPE.
    Anybody used it? They claim it works under Linux, but
    I've heard that before ... .

    Fwiw, I currently use Slackware 11 (2.6.18, I think).
    Thanks,
    Doug

  2. Re: new SCSI card: Adaptec 29320LPE ?

    dhs wrote:

    > LSI won't update the BIOS on their SCSI card to support
    > those new-fangled U320 drives, so I need to "upgrade"
    > my SCSI card. I want to stay with parallel SCSI, since
    > I just upgraded the drives, and want to avoid vendors
    > who don't support their hardware (e.g. LSI). I also
    > need a low profile card for my low profile case.
    >
    > Adaptec has a new U320 PCI-E (1x) card - the 29320LPE.
    > Anybody used it? They claim it works under Linux, but
    > I've heard that before ... .
    >
    > Fwiw, I currently use Slackware 11 (2.6.18, I think).
    > Thanks,
    > Doug

    I cannot think of a reason that it should not run. It would just be a PCI-E
    conversion of their existing 29320 PCI or PCI-X 7902 based cards.
    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**

+ Reply to Thread