USB capabilities of ViewSonic Graphics Series G773 monitors - Hardware

This is a discussion on USB capabilities of ViewSonic Graphics Series G773 monitors - Hardware ; I'm looking for detailed info re USB capabilities of ViewSonic G773-3 monitors. Various comments on the net indicate that monitor settings are controllable via USB, but is that identical to what's available on the front panel buttons, a superset, or ...

  1. USB capabilities of ViewSonic Graphics Series G773 monitors

    I'm looking for detailed info re USB capabilities of ViewSonic
    G773-3 monitors. Various comments on the net indicate that
    monitor settings are controllable via USB, but is that identical to
    what's available on the front panel buttons, a superset, or a
    subset? What software is needed? It would be useful to be able
    to reprogram the buttons, or disable them.

    The only documentation I can find is
    http://viewsonic.com/pdf/userguides/...user_guide.pdf

    Do ViewSonic service manuals exist that provide full details of
    capabilities?

    Any hints appreciated, TIA.

  2. Re: USB capabilities of ViewSonic Graphics Series G773 monitors

    B Smith wrote:

    > I'm looking for detailed info re USB capabilities of ViewSonic
    > G773-3 monitors. Various comments on the net indicate that
    > monitor settings are controllable via USB, but is that identical to
    > what's available on the front panel buttons, a superset, or a
    > subset? What software is needed? It would be useful to be able
    > to reprogram the buttons, or disable them.
    >
    > The only documentation I can find is
    > http://viewsonic.com/pdf/userguides/...user_guide.pdf
    >
    > Do ViewSonic service manuals exist that provide full details of
    > capabilities?
    >
    > Any hints appreciated, TIA.

    Please avail yourself of the information to be gained with USBView and
    USBSnoop and simmilar tools used in conjunction with the factory provided
    USB driver software for the MSwin environment.
    --
    JosephKK
    Gegen dummheit kampfen die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.**

  3. Re: USB capabilities of ViewSonic Graphics Series G773 monitors

    B Smith wrote:

    > I'm looking for detailed info re USB capabilities of ViewSonic
    > G773-3 monitors. Various comments on the net indicate that
    > monitor settings are controllable via USB, but is that identical to
    > what's available on the front panel buttons, a superset, or a
    > subset? What software is needed? It would be useful to be able
    > to reprogram the buttons, or disable them.

    Hav a look at hidmon, .
    From its README:

    With this programm you can control your "USB Monitor Control Class" compatible
    display via USB. You don't need to play with your Monitors OSD
    anymore.

    It works great with my Eizo monitor, maybe it works for your ViewSonic,
    too. You can't reprogram the front panel buttons, but you can change the
    settings (inputs, color mode etc.).

    Regards...
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread