UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter - Hardware

This is a discussion on UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter - Hardware ; I follow the instructions on: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Voda...PCMCIA_Adapter according to a site above after lsusb -v I need to got: ... idVendor 0x0af0 Option idProduct 0x6000 bcdDevice 0.00 iManufacturer 1 Option N.V. iProduct 2 Fusion UMTS GPRS WLAN iSerial 4 Serial Number ...

  1. UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter

    I follow the instructions on:
    http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Voda...PCMCIA_Adapter

    according to a site above after

    lsusb -v
    I need to got:
    idVendor 0x0af0 Option
    idProduct 0x6000
    bcdDevice 0.00
    iManufacturer 1 Option N.V.
    iProduct 2 Fusion UMTS GPRS WLAN
    iSerial 4 Serial Number
    ...but I don't anything with Option manufacturer (mouse and ehci
    controllers are there) although my Vodafone card is Option with the CL in a
    serial number.In my kernel 2.6.17 on Knoppix 5.0.1 mentioned drivers are
    installed like:
    CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD="m"andCONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GENERIC="y"Anyway, I
    tried:modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0af0 product=0x6000but without vendor and
    product ID's I can't on that step. My card looks like
    this:http://portal.wikinerds.org/howto-3g-pcmcia-gnu-linux Please help

  2. Re: UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter

    FreeStyler schrieb:
    > I follow the instructions on:
    > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Voda...PCMCIA_Adapter
    >
    > according to a site above after
    >
    > lsusb -v
    > I need to got:
    > idVendor 0x0af0 Option
    > idProduct 0x6000
    > bcdDevice 0.00
    > iManufacturer 1 Option N.V.
    > iProduct 2 Fusion UMTS GPRS WLAN
    > iSerial 4 Serial Number
    > ...but I don't anything with Option manufacturer (mouse and ehci
    > controllers are there)

    1. Is it necessary to connect the mouse to usb? Since it produces a lot
    of interrupts it could severly disturb other devices.
    2. For specific controllers you also will have to load UHCI_HCD.

    HTH Martin

  3. Re: UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter

    "Martin Klar" je napisao u poruci interesnoj
    grupi:f2p1rb$7kb$1@news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de...
    > FreeStyler schrieb:
    > > I follow the instructions on:
    > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Voda...PCMCIA_Adapter
    > >
    > > according to a site above after
    > >
    > > lsusb -v
    > > I need to got:
    > > idVendor 0x0af0 Option
    > > idProduct 0x6000
    > > bcdDevice 0.00
    > > iManufacturer 1 Option N.V.
    > > iProduct 2 Fusion UMTS GPRS WLAN
    > > iSerial 4 Serial Number
    > > ...but I don't anything with Option manufacturer (mouse and ehci
    > > controllers are there)

    > 1. Is it necessary to connect the mouse to usb? Since it produces a lot
    > of interrupts it could severly disturb other devices.
    > 2. For specific controllers you also will have to load UHCI_HCD.
    >
    > HTH Martin

    1. Well, it is laptop, I can try with mousepad if it is your suggestion.
    2. I think it is installed. Can I check it in a boot/config-2.6.17 ? Is it
    ok if I have installed UHCI and OHCI in the same time ?

  4. Re: UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter

    FreeStyler schrieb:
    > "Martin Klar" je napisao u poruci interesnoj

    [...]
    >> 1. Is it necessary to connect the mouse to usb? Since it produces a lot
    >> of interrupts it could severly disturb other devices.
    >> 2. For specific controllers you also will have to load UHCI_HCD.
    >>
    >> HTH Martin

    > 1. Well, it is laptop, I can try with mousepad if it is your suggestion.
    > 2. I think it is installed. Can I check it in a boot/config-2.6.17 ? Is it
    > ok if I have installed UHCI and OHCI in the same time ?

    I think, your're confusing boot/config-2.6.17 and loaded modules. In
    boot/config-2.6.17 you can see if certain modules/features are
    configured as loadable module or firmly built-in in kernel.
    with "lsmod" you see which modules are currently loaded. With
    "modprobe uhci_hcd" you load the module uhci_hcd. With dmesg you
    can track the consequences of your module loading. Basic things, indeed.

    Martin

  5. Re: UMTS-GPRS PCMCIA Adapter

    "Martin Klar" je napisao u poruci interesnoj
    grupi:f2pu5k$pm2$1@news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de...
    > FreeStyler schrieb:
    > > "Martin Klar" je napisao u poruci interesnoj

    > [...]
    > >> 1. Is it necessary to connect the mouse to usb? Since it produces a lot
    > >> of interrupts it could severly disturb other devices.
    > >> 2. For specific controllers you also will have to load UHCI_HCD.
    > >>
    > >> HTH Martin

    > > 1. Well, it is laptop, I can try with mousepad if it is your suggestion.
    > > 2. I think it is installed. Can I check it in a boot/config-2.6.17 ? Is

    it
    > > ok if I have installed UHCI and OHCI in the same time ?

    > I think, your're confusing boot/config-2.6.17 and loaded modules. In
    > boot/config-2.6.17 you can see if certain modules/features are
    > configured as loadable module or firmly built-in in kernel.
    > with "lsmod" you see which modules are currently loaded. With
    > "modprobe uhci_hcd" you load the module uhci_hcd. With dmesg you
    > can track the consequences of your module loading. Basic things, indeed.
    >
    > Martin

    I know that things, and still can't got:
    lsusb -v
    > idVendor 0x0af0 Option
    > idProduct 0x6000
    > bcdDevice 0.00