Abit AB9 dies when I added memory - Hardware

This is a discussion on Abit AB9 dies when I added memory - Hardware ; I just tried to up my Abit AB9 system from 4G to 8G. When I added the second pair of DIMMs the system wouldn't get past post core 25 (assign memory and I/O resources). I removed the new DIMMs but ...

  1. Abit AB9 dies when I added memory

    I just tried to up my Abit AB9 system from 4G to 8G. When I added the
    second pair of DIMMs the system wouldn't get past post core 25 (assign
    memory and I/O resources). I removed the new DIMMs but I'm still can't
    get post code 25. I've cleared the CMOS memory, disconnected all of the
    drives, checked all of the cables, nothing works. Has anyone had this
    experience where the board just dies when you added RAM? Anyone got any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Abit AB9 dies when I added memory

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 20:03:34 +0000, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    > I just tried to up my Abit AB9 system from 4G to 8G. When I added the
    > second pair of DIMMs the system wouldn't get past post core 25 (assign
    > memory and I/O resources). I removed the new DIMMs but I'm still can't
    > get post code 25. I've cleared the CMOS memory, disconnected all of the
    > drives, checked all of the cables, nothing works. Has anyone had this
    > experience where the board just dies when you added RAM? Anyone got any
    > suggestions?

    I found the answer with a Google search. Believe or not it was the
    keyboard, I swapped keyboards and it came right up with all 8G.

  3. Re: Abit AB9 dies when I added memory

    On 9 May 2007 20:03:34 GMT, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

    >I just tried to up my Abit AB9 system from 4G to 8G. When I added the
    >second pair of DIMMs the system wouldn't get past post core 25 (assign
    >memory and I/O resources). I removed the new DIMMs but I'm still can't
    >get post code 25. I've cleared the CMOS memory, disconnected all of the
    >drives, checked all of the cables, nothing works. Has anyone had this
    >experience where the board just dies when you added RAM? Anyone got any
    >suggestions?

    If you are back to exactly the original configuration then you probably
    bent a pin, cracked something from excessive force, or zapped the memory
    or motherboard with a static discharge.

  4. Re: Abit AB9 dies when I added memory

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 23:21:12 +0000, AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On 9 May 2007 20:03:34 GMT, General Schvantzkoph
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I just tried to up my Abit AB9 system from 4G to 8G. When I added the
    >>second pair of DIMMs the system wouldn't get past post core 25 (assign
    >>memory and I/O resources). I removed the new DIMMs but I'm still can't
    >>get post code 25. I've cleared the CMOS memory, disconnected all of the
    >>drives, checked all of the cables, nothing works. Has anyone had this
    >>experience where the board just dies when you added RAM? Anyone got any
    >>suggestions?

    > If you are back to exactly the original configuration then you probably
    > bent a pin, cracked something from excessive force, or zapped the memory
    > or motherboard with a static discharge.

    If you read my follow on post you'll see that it was the keyboard. I
    found a reference to the problem with Google, this is a known issue with
    the AB9 Pro.

+ Reply to Thread