notebook linux support - Hardware

This is a discussion on notebook linux support - Hardware ; Hi, does anyone know about Linux compatibility for these laptop models ? - HP dv6267eu - Toshiba A100-749 I searched the Internet with no luck. Thanks, Seldon...

  1. notebook linux support

    Hi, does anyone know about Linux compatibility for these laptop models ?

    - HP dv6267eu
    - Toshiba A100-749

    I searched the Internet with no luck.

    Thanks,

    Seldon

  2. Re: notebook linux support

    Seldon staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > Does anyone know about Linux compatibility for these laptop models:
    > HP dv6267eu, Toshiba A100-749? I searched the Internet with no luck.

    Are the model#s correct? Are these machines new, or a few months old?
    Are these machines Italy-specific models, or released to large markets?
    tuxmobil.org led me to
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestin...elliteA100-170 ,
    which says tons of stuff works with Ubuntu on that machine. I don't
    know whether the A100-749 is totally different from the A100-170 or not.

    --
    Programmers are playwrights, computers are lousy actors,
    Users are vicious drama critics,

  3. Re: notebook linux support

    Dances With Crows wrote:
    > Seldon staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    >> Does anyone know about Linux compatibility for these laptop models:
    >> HP dv6267eu, Toshiba A100-749? I searched the Internet with no luck.

    > Are the model#s correct?

    Yes

    Are these machines new, or a few months old?

    I don't know, but they are for sale as new (here in Italy).

    > Are these machines Italy-specific models, or released to large markets?

    I don't know.

    I don't
    > know whether the A100-749 is totally different from the A100-170 or not.

    Neither do I.

    Thanks anyway.

    Seldon

  4. Re: notebook linux support

    On Apr 29, 3:48 am, Seldon wrote:
    > Hi, does anyone know about Linux compatibility for these laptop models ?
    >
    > - HP dv6267eu
    > - Toshiba A100-749
    >
    > I searched the Internet with no luck.

    you should still be able to find hp dv1xxx models that are almost
    completely supported
    according to tomshardware and do not look nearly as ugly as dv6xxx,
    dv2xxx and dv9xxx

    dv1030us is an awesome piece of equipment. i can't praise it enough.
    nevermind the glarescreen.
    i should say though that i got used even to the glarescreen a bit.

+ Reply to Thread